HIGH QUALITY TEACHING AND LEARNING
Jubilee Primary School Religious Education Program is consistent with whole school approaches to teaching and learning across the curriculum. It identifies how these approaches are developed, communicated, supported and reviewed.
This is visible at a Whole School Level through:
- Consistent auditing of Accreditation to Teach and Accreditation to Teach Religion at Jubilee Primary School.
- Providing opportunity for and monitoring teachers' ongoing professional learning through iLearn.
- Integrating the pedagogical practices of Visible Learning, Design Thinking and Consistency of Teacher Judgement.
- Intra-school and Inter-school moderation of classroom planning, teaching and assessment of Religious Education.
- Reporting student progress and achievement in Religious Education through Parent Information Evenings, half yearly Reports, Parent-Teacher Interviews and celebrations of learning.
- A wide variety of resources are available for teachers to use to enhance the teaching of Religious Education.
This is visible at a Year Level through:
- Explicit, authentic and descriptive Religious Education planning in the form of Term Overviews and Units of Work.
- Annotated work samples assisting with Consistency of Teacher Judgement.
- Planning templates that reflect the pedagogical practices of Visible Learning.
- Established reporting procedures that reflect student progress and achievement in Religious Education.
This is visible at an Individual Student Level through:
- Units of work that show a range of quality assessment opportunities that allow for differentiation.
- Examples of students completed, graded and annotated assessment tasks.
- Opportunities for student feedback through sample criteria sheets and student/teacher conferencing relating to understanding and skills demonstrated by the student.
- Consistency of Teacher Judgement processes that provides opportunities for professional dialogue between teachers in regards to student achievement, at and above the standard.