Who are our Covenant Churches?
In 1999, Fr Gerry Hefferan – PP St Mary’s Catholic Parish, Oxenford, together with the St Mary’s Oxenford Vision Team, approached the Executive Director of Brisbane Catholic Education, to assist with the establishment of an Ecumenical primary school within the Gaven area. Fr Gerry indicated the Catholic community’s desire to establish an Ecumenical school. The original Covenant Churches were:
· St Mary’s Catholic Community, Oxenford Parish;
· Gold Coast North Anglican Church;
· Uniting Church in Australia, Coomera-Helensvale Linked Congregations;
· Apostolic Church (Australia) - Gaven.
Now, in 2015 our Ecumenical network has grown to encompass five Covenant Churches: The following are links to our Covenant Churches
· St Mary’s Catholic Community, Coomera;
· Gold Coast North Anglican;
· New Life Uniting – Pacific Pines;
· Living Rivers Uniting Church – Coomera, Pimpama, Nerang;
· Southland Christian Centre – Apostolic Church Australia